Today we are going to discuss DIG. Yes, it is a short form of something. But if you don’t know the full form of it, then you are in the right place. In this article, we are going to clear all about DIG. So let’s start learning. The full form of DIG is Deputy Inspector General. DIG is a rank of Indian Police. This rank holds one- star in Indian Police Service. This rank is higher than Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) or Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP). An officer who holds this position works under the Inspector General of Police (IG) or Joint Commissioner of Police.
Information About Deputy Inspector General (DIG)
Advantages And Other Abbreviations of DIG
• Deputy Inspector General (DIG) of the Police provides support to the Inspector General of the Police in the supervision and controlling of the Police force in his area.
• He has certain powers to sustain the skill and discipline within his area and he has to report the result to the Inspector General of the Police.
• While dealing with the District Magistrate, the Deputy Inspector General of Police acts as a representative of the Inspector general of Police on his behalf.
• DIG solves the cases which are within his competence and forwards the rest of the cases to the Inspector General of Police to seek his opinion. If there is any difference between the opinion of the District Magistrate and DIG then the case will be forwarded to Inspector General of Police and Inspector General proves the final solution or decision.
Although, DIG mainly stands for Deputy Inspector General. But there are some more full forms of DIG.
• DIG: Domain Information Groper
• DIG: Digital Image Group
• DIG: Digoxigenin