IST FULL FORM- Do You Know The Full Form Of IST?
TIME!! Well, It remains one of the most interesting facts as from the beginning of this world. And another interesting fact is it changes with the change of location. So, every nation has their own time observation to operate their own activities. As I said every country has their own time observation, India, one of the largest countries in this world also have their own time observation. And it is called IST. So, what is IST? Full form of IST is Indian Standard Time. After knowing the full form of IST, the very next question can be, what does IST mean? So, Indian Standard Time (IST) is the time observation throughout India and Sri Lanka, along with the time offset of UTC +05:30. IST is designated E* (“Echo-Star”) in military time and also in aviation time.
Information And History of IST
AS we described IST through UTC in the last passage. So we must need to know about UST. UST stands for Universal Time Coordinated or Coordinated Universal Time. UTC+05:30 is just an identifier. It means India and Sri Lanka are five and a half hours ahead of UTC. For example, 7.00am of Coordinated Universal Time will be 12.30 pm in Indian Standard Time.
Indian Standard Time (IST) is calculated on the basis of 82.5′ E longitude. It is nearly the corresponding longitude reference line. The Indian government introduced IST as the official time for the entire country after the independence in 1947. Although Mumbai (Bombay Time) and Kolkata (Calcutta Time) retained their own local time until 1955 and 1948, respectively. The Central observatory was moved from Chennai to Shankargarh Fort (a place of India) in Allahabad district so that it would be as accurate to UTC+5:30 as possible.
India does not observe DST since after China–Indian War of 1962 and the Indo–Pakistani Wars of 1965 and 1971. Well, DST stands for Daylight Saving Time. Mainly, DST is the process of setting the clock forward for 1 hour from standard time during the summer months. This process is just to make better use of natural daylight.
Advantages of IST
1. If all the places of India use their own local time then the local time can be confusing. So, a common standard time is very much needed to avoid this confusion for all over the country. That’s why IST is used to avoid all the confusion.
2. The smooth functioning of airways, railways, the other means of transport and also the communication between people becomes possible for the IST.
Although, IST mainly stands for Indian Standard Time. But there are some more full forms of IST:
- IST: Information Science and Technology
- IST: Information Systems technologies
- IST: Interrupt Service Thread
- IST: Insulin Shock Therapy
- IST: Intravascular Sono-Therapy
- IST: Instructional Support Teacher
- IST: Interpersonal Situations Test