IPL full Form is Indian Premier League. It is a professional T20 (20 overs in each inning) league. This league is played during April and May every year from 2008. The Indian Premier League was started in the year 2008. It is organized under BCCI that stands for Board of Control for Cricket in India.
The first edition of IPL (Indian Premier League) was played in 2008. The format of tournament is “Double round-robin league and Playoffs”. There are 8 number of teams competing each other which are named on different cities and states of India. Most successful teams of Indian Premier League are Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings have won 3 titles each. The highest runs in the history of Indian Premier League are scored by Suresh Raina who scored 4985 runs in total. Whereas, Lasith Malinga is the highest wicket taker with 154 wickets.
Cricket’s most attended league in the world is Indian Premier League. According to 2014 Indian Premier League, was ranked sixth(6th) with respect to the average attendance among all leagues of sports. In 2010 IPL became first sports event to get broadcasted live on YouTube. Currently, Indian Premier League is rated at the approximately US$6.3 billion. According to BCCI press release 201 seasons of IPL alone was responsible for US$182 million.
Awards in IPL
There are two awards for the best performers of each season of IPL that is Orange Cap and Purple Cap.
1. Orange Cap:
It’s awarded to top league scorer for the whole season, and the cap holder has to wear it in each and every match of the tournament.
2. Purple Cap:
It’s awarded to top league wicket-taker for a whole season, and the cap holder has to wear it in each and every match of the tournament.
The IPL full form Indian Premier League is broadcasted by Sony Pictures and World Sports Group for ten years rated at approximately US$ 1 billion. Internationally matches are broadcasted in different countries such as Australia, Pakistan, UK, USA, Afghanistan, Bangladesh.
Advantages of IPL:
1. It plays really important part in producing and improving the rising talent.
2. It provides some good revenue to stadiums which is really helpful in improving the infrastructure of the stadium.
3. The earnings of the tournament are really helpful in improving countries GDP and overall economy.
4. Its only a 3 to 4 hours game which is watched by maximum people and stadiums are full to watch entertaining matches.
5. It allows talent to show their skill to get into there international teams.
Disadvantages of IPL:
1. According to the critics it spoils talent due to money and glamour.
2. Many times it causes fitness issues and injuries which take away a player’s chance of playing international matches.
3. It doesn’t give the sentiment of amusement and extreme contention is missing and consequently it has turned out to be more similar to a motion picture or every day cleanser musical drama and the watcher overlooks the match when it is done which isn’t the situation with test match or one day cricket matches which are recollect for quite a long time and players execution are additionally associated with ages.