1. The White House was designed by James Hoban. its Foundation stone was laid in October of 1792 but it took 8 years to complete.
2. There is a Bunker in the White House premises to protect the White House building in an emergency situation.
3. The construction of the White House was completed within 1792 and 1800.
4. The White House has 132 rooms. apart from this, there is also 35 bathrooms, 412 doors, 147 Windows, 28 fireplaces, 8 staircases, 3 Elevators and 6 level in the residence.
5. White House is spreading up to 55,000 square feet area. the height of it 70 feet and width is 170 feet while the depth is 85 feet.
6. White House is made of white sandstone in the Georgian style.
7. George Washington is the only American President who has never been in the White House.
8. In the white house 140 guests together can do dinner.
9. White House is the six-story building with two basements, two public floors with the floor of the rest of the American president.
10. There is no charge to look at the White House but it has to be applied for 6 months earlier.
11. White House is located on 18 acres of land.
12. To paint the outer walls of the White House 570 gallons of color is needed. it was painted in 1994 and the cost of paint that time was more than 2,83,000 dollar.
13. There are 5000 letters in the White House every week, not only this White House also has more than 2500 phone calls per day, 1000 fax.
14. White House has been built for 218 years but today it still appears as a new building.
15. In the White House, the president has to pay the charge for all other things including food, toiletries dry cleaning etc.
16. White House has 2 twin buildings. one is in French and other in Ireland.
17. 5 chefs always work in the White House.
18. In 1812, the British army had captured Washington and they also damaged the white house walls at that incident.