1. The most famous sport in the world is football and it is followed by cricket, basketball and so on.
2. The first or oldest sport in the world is wrestling.
3. The Olympic game started from the Olympia, which is a city of Spain, from 776 BC but it was started playing officially in 1896.
4. The Olympic game was not played in 1916, 1940 and 1944 due to the World War first and World War II.
5. The participation of women in the Olympic Games was not allowed until 1960.
6. The Commonwealth game started in the Hamilton (Canada) in1930. presently in this game 54 countries participated.
7. Football was born in England and also brought to India the football by England. the first Football Club of India was “Dalhousie club”.
8. Wrestling, which is one of the most renowned games, is of 50 types.
9. When basketball started it was played in a cage.
10. In initially time, there were used to be 9 players in the basketball but now on this game, only 5 players play from each side.
11. Basketball started in 1892, and it was played with the soccer ball from its beginning to until 1950.
12. Usain Bolt has won many gold medals in 100, 200 and 400-meter race and he has also made many records and one among these is that he completed the 100 m race in only 9.58 second. this record was made in 2009.
13. Christian Ronaldo, who is the great player of football, is the son of a gardener. he played his first match at the age of 17.
14. The craze of football in Brazil that if Brazil loses a match then the people there commit suicide.
15. There are two types of Olympic summer and winter Olympic and each Olympic are played in every 4 years.