1. The term Chicago is derived from the word “shikaawaa”, which means “wild onion” or “wild garlic”.
2. First of all, the spray paints were used in 1949 in Chicago.
3. Barack Obama, who was America’s first black president, home in Chicago.
4. Chicago is also known as Windy City, City of broad Shoulder, Chi-Town, My kind of town, second city etc.
5. The color TV station was started in Chicago and it started in 1956.
6. Chicago is the only river in the world which flows in the reverse direction.
7. The world’s first playboy mansion was opened in Chicago itself.
8. There is also 46 Historic District and about 370 Landmarks in Chicago.
9. If you are looking for a place to roam in Chicago, there are more than 580 Parks and 26 beaches, you have a great deal to visit.
10. America’s first rotary club was also opened in Chicago.
11. Walt Disney, today is known worldwide for Disney Entertainment, was born in Chicago.
12. Artwork is very much liked in the Chicago, so there is more than 700 public artwork.
13. Zipper was discovered in Chicago.
14. There are more than two hundred theaters in the US and there are more than 200 art galleries.
15. There are more than 56 museums in America
16. Whenever we talk of Swami Vivekananda, we must discuss one of his speeches which he had given in America’s Chicago city. He delivered this speech in 1893 in the Parliament of Chicago.
17. The world’s first large building was built in the Chicago.
18. There are more than 5195 restaurants in the US.
19. The city of Chicago is considered to be America’s largest balance economy city.
20. If you are looking for a place to roam, it is a great place to roam around such as Millennium Park, Navy Pier, Art Institute of Chicago, Museum Campus etc you can visit.
21. Chicago is the second most visiting city of America, Chicago is just behind New York, in new york more than 60 million people come to visit every year.
22. This city is not very old, this city was founded in 1780.
23. Even though the city of Chicago’s population is 27 million, but more than 50 million people visit every year.
24. America’s First Blood Bank Open in Chicago.
25. Martin Cooper who was invented the world’s first phone, he also belongs Chicago City.