1. Olympics begin in 776 BC in honor of the Greek God. these games continued till about 12 centuries, after which Emperor Theodosius closed at 393 A.D.
2. When this game began, at that time competition like drama, music, literature, art, and gymnastic etc were organized but as the time gone the format of this game changed.
3. Those games, which were played in this game, were dedicated to the Olympian gods.
4. King Theodosius of Rome banned this game through specific edicts.
5. Olympic games were banned for a long period of time until Baron Pierre, a French scholar, started them.
6. In the symbol of Olympics, there are 5 rings and each rings present in 5 regions of the world and they are – Africa, Europe Asia, America, and Oceana.
7. In the symbol of the Olympic Games, each ring has a different color and they are – black, yellow, blue, Red and Green.
8. The youngest athlete, who compete in this Olympic game, was Dimitrios Loundras. he was just 10 years old when he participated in this game.
9. The international symbol of the Olympic games was also designed by Baron Pierre de Coubertin.
10. After 1997, to participate in the Olympic games your age must be 16 or above.
11. The oldest Olympic player who participated in this game was Oscar swan. he was 72 years old when he took part in this game last time.
12. Olympic games are organized in every 4 years.
13. women couldn’t have participated in the Olympic Games until 1900 AC.
14. Due to the World War first and second Olympic games were not held in 1916, 1940 and 1944.
15. The first ever Olympic games that was broadcasted on TV were Berlin Olympics and they was televised in whole Germany in 1936.
16. The practice of burning torch in the Olympic Games started in 1928.
17. In the Olympic Games, India was first participated in 1900 and at that time India won two Silver medals.
18. In ancient time, the athletes of Olympic games were not allowed to put on the clothes. they had to compete barely.
19. Olympic games are divided into two parts summer and winter Olympics.
20. In 1924, the Tennis has removed from the Olympic games but in 1988 this game again replaced in it.
21. In 1908, Olympic games were to be organized in Rome but due to the eruption of volcano, it was shifted to London.